[u-u] VirtualBox and Vagrant

Hugh Gamble hugh at phaedrav.com
Fri Dec 5 16:50:39 EST 2014

VirtualBox defaults to NAT for the virtual NIC
If you're trying to get in there from outside it can be a double NAT.

When I'm running something like an HTTP server in the guest,
I set the virtual NIC to Bridged mode
(which causes it to use the same NAT as the host,
if your host is your dev workstation and it's already on NAT).