[u-u] Computer stuff to go

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Thu Aug 20 16:48:43 EDT 2015

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 15:28:41 -0400 (EDT)
"D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:
> I don't remember hearing of a "CYCLOID" computer (Google doesn't seem
> to find it either).  Looks like it is your CP/M machine.  On top are
> two orange boxes, each with a 5.25" floppy and 5.25" HDD.  I'm
> guessing those are for the CYCLOID.  What's the story of CYCLOID?

The two orange boxes are Morrow CP/M machines.

The Cycloid is a replacement front panel for the Altair which had poor
quality silk screening but other than the label it's an Altair.

> What's the yellow box with Google(TM) on it?

It's a decommissioned Google search engine.  Not sure what's wrong with
it.  We can fire up any of those servers if anyone wants.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.
IM: darcy at Vex.Net, VoIP: sip:darcy at druid.net