[u-u] Unwanted console messages

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Jan 24 14:27:48 EST 2015

arocker writes:
>Message from syslogd at localhost at Jan 19 16:31:39 ...
> kernel:MC4_STATUS: Corrected error, other errors lost: no, CPU context
>corrupt: no
>
>Message from syslogd at localhost at Jan 19 16:31:39 ...
> kernel:Northbridge Error, node 0
>
>Message from syslogd at localhost at Jan 19 16:31:39 ...
> kernel:Link Transmission error.

These errors indicate that your CPU detected an error in one of it's
links, I believe in the one that connects the CPU to the southbridge,
and corrected it.  Assuming the error isn't spurious then this would
indicate that your computer isn't working reliably.  Eventually an
error will occur over this link that the CPU won't be able to correct
and it'll will cause a crash or corruption.

There probably isn't much you can do about it, but you might want to
check to see if your computer is overheating.  You can try cleaning
out your case, and maybe reapplying the thermal compound between your
heatsink and your CPU.

					Ross Ridge