[u-u] Electronic signage...

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jul 13 20:25:31 EDT 2016

I guess if the only tool in the toolbox is a hammer then you can bash on
pretty much anything until it looks like a nail, and then you're set to
hammer it in with no problem at all.

I simply cannot even begin to find any basis to agree at any level that
layout in HTLM is easier than layout in something like Tkinter.

Of course I am one of those old-timers who can't even begin to imagine
what people are smoking when they say they can "program" in HTML.

BTW, I didn't read it that the other info would be screen-scraped.

Things like weather forecasts are generally available as JSON, and that
would be trivial to fetch over a really slow IP link (we do something
similar over GPRS modems at no more than 9600bps and often far less).

RPi's own interfaces for local sensor data are (at least on Linux)
probably best programmed using Python.

--
						Greg A. Woods.