[u-u] What's a good digital capture card?

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:16:26 EDT 2016

> It's an Ubuntu MythTV machine, not a Rogers, and I want to use it for O-T-A
> digital because Blodgers has stopped providing unencrypted analog.
>
> Any suggestions about a good digital card?

HD HomeRun.

Yes, technically, it isn't a "digital card"; otoh, if you're looking
at Doug Lee's e-mail with dread, then you'll likely see that as a
distinct advantage :-)

The only disadvantages I found weren't exactly technical: it was
always on (used ~2w), took up an ethernet port and power point, and,
critically, the cables made an already messy video cupboard worse.

(I say "weren't" as my mhthbox died earlier this year - I switched it
off and its disk never came back - and I've yet to resurrect a
replacement)