[u-u] freebsd on raspberry pi

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Tue May 17 16:58:14 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 04:55:09PM -0400, Dan Astoorian wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2016 16:36:14 EDT, Jim Mercer writes:
> > i've been googling around, and i can't find anything that says definitively
> > that FreeBSD (10.3-RELEASE) runs on raspberry pi.
> >
> > anyone got any details?
> >
> > i'm looking to pick one up to play with this weekend.
>
> I doubt my Google-Fu is any better than yours, but from what I can tell,
> there are releases for the Pi and Pi 2 (e.g. raspbsd.org); not so much yet
> for the 3.

yeah, i saw that, but FreeBSD-11 is kinda alpha, and there are also
references to FreeBSD-CURRENT, which is kinda beta.

i kinda get the impression that FreeBSD-10.3 will run on the Pi, but that the
'arm' support of FreeBSD isn't part of the main.

--jim

--
Jim Mercer     Reptilian Research      jim at reptiles.org    +1 416 410-5633

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
 -- Hunter S. Thompson