[u-u] Keyboards...

David Gilbert uu at dclg.ca
Fri Oct 13 18:33:19 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-13 17:00, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> | From: David Gilbert <uu at dclg.ca>
>
> |  On the "multiple
> | keys" thing ... I think I number is between 8 and 10... but they also
> | have between 6 and 18 (maybe as many as 24?) programmable keys.
>
> Well, you aren't using USB then.  USB maxes out at 6 key rollover.

I assume you really mean USB HID (Human Interface Device) and
sub-standards that work with keyboards.  USB is fully able to manage
arbitrary data.

... Now... I went looking for reviews... and got mixed results... saying
the G510s has 6 or more than 6 rollover.  It would appear that Logitech
uses drivers that kick in for alternate personalities of the keyboard
(including the use of the macro keys and the display).  It may very well
be that as a "pckeyboard" USB devices, it has 6 rollover and as a
logitech driver keyboard, it has other statistics.

There was one Logitech I found, tho, that claims 26 rollover... so
there-you-go.

Either way, my real point was that I've found that the macro keys are a
big deal ... after adequate rollover ... which I'd put at about 4.