[u-u] Odds and Ends

Unix Unanimous u-u at mail.unixunanimous.org
Fri Jul 20 16:19:58 EDT 2018

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018, Giles Orr wrote:
|On 20 July 2018 at 08:57, Adam Holland <ajh8888 at gmail.com> wrote:
|
|1. HTTPS for unixunanimous.org (as per the URLs appended to the bottom
|of mailing list messages) gives me a strange error.  If not already a known
|issue, ask me for details.
|
|It would appear the inclusion of "https:" is, shall we say, aspirational.
|The website is unencrypted, so if you attempt to visit the website with
|https: prepended, it fails with a security error.  The "s" should be
|removed from the signature.

	Removal os the "s" is not secure ... we added a new
	Let's Encrypt cert recently & even tho cert testers
	seem to like it, browsers often take several clicks
	on "Try Again" to make it work for some reason

	Perhaps we will replace the cert soon if further
	debugging doesn't turn up anything, sigh :\

O .		Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario	+1 416 410 0879
  o  _///_ //	Email: bdb at 0123456789-abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz
   <`)=  _<<	Cave Pilus Cani
      \\\  \\		( Beware of the Hair of the dog ;)