[u-u] Odds and Ends

Alan J Rosenthal flaps at 56789.ca
Mon Jul 23 17:51:06 EDT 2018

>sounds like Maildir.

Various people have had the idea of storing one e-mail message per file
so as to take greater advantage of the unix tool set.  "mh" also uses
one message per file, but it (also) isn't maildir because it doesn't have
the maildir subdirectory structure.

I love mh because you can do all sorts of unix tool things.  For one,
cleaning up from mail spew type situations is a snap and I never
accidentally delete other messages in the middle of the spew -- my deletion
is via greps which match the spew and which I can easily inspect before
doing mv `command` ~/tmp/spew20180723 or whatever.  (I'm less enamoured
of the GUI front-end "exmh", but I still use it.)

regards,
ajr