[u-u] Suggestions for stopping occasional spurious use of commercial wi-fi

Adam Holland uu at vl-entropy.trade
Sun Sep 16 22:23:29 EDT 2018

This is a complete coincidence, but yesterday my housemate and his
girlfriend realized that our microwave in the kitchen has become very
leaky!  When I was heating up some hot dogs, both of their cell phones
streaming video dropped to completely zero, and came back as soon as the
microwave turned off 1 minute later.  We repeated this twice with
shorter time spans, and the correlation is direct.

So if you really want to get militant with your wireless squatters, I
have the right tool for you, heehee!

-Adam

P.S. I was going to look to borrow a microwave testing unit, but
actually I think I want to have one to keep, since you can't really tell
if a microwave is leaking until it gets that bad.  I mean, we have smoke
detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, so why not test our microwave
once per month or something?