[u-u] window borders in gnome/gtk

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Mon Apr 27 12:21:01 EDT 2020

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 10:53:09AM -0400, Dan Astoorian wrote:
> Try creating ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css containing:
>
> decoration {
>     border-left: 3px solid pink;
>     border-right: 3px solid purple;
>     border-bottom: 6px solid green;
>     background: pink;
> }
>
> To put the change into effect, restart the gnome-shell window manager
> (the easiest way is to hit Alt-F2, and type the command "r" to restart).

this did the trick, at least for my needs.

> This changes the decoration for all windows; I don't know whether
> there's a way to change the decoration for only some windows (e.g., only
> pterm windows).

it seems to have applied to my pterm, putty, authy and thunderbird windows,
but not the google chrome (not chromium).

thanx muchly!

--
Jim Mercer     Reptilian Research      jim at reptiles.org    +1 416 410-5633

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
 -- Hunter S. Thompson