[u-u] FreePBX expertese? Re: Business Internet Providers in Toronto?

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Fri Feb 7 13:20:35 EST 2020

On Fri, 2020/02/07 12:47:47PM -0500, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:
| What's the current situation with VoIP privacy and security?

There are at least some phones that implement remote connectivity by
creating a VPN tunnel to the server using e.g. openVPN.

I think Sangoma phones can do this, talking to FreePBX (or at least their
paid for version).  And I think they can also do VPN pass through, so
you plug your phone into the wall, your laptop into your phone, and your
phone sends your laptop traffic over the same VPN connection.  I think.
(Sangoma: fine Markham company.)

Mitel/Shoretel phones use a VPN connection for traffic when used remotely.
(Not suggesting this system for small, modest-budget deployments, just FYI.)

Cheers

John