[u-u] FreePBX expertese? Re: Business Internet Providers in Toronto?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Feb 7 15:37:18 EST 2020

| From: David Gilbert <uu at dclg.ca>
| From: John Sellens <jsellens at syonex.com>
| From: Norman Branitsky <ngbranitsky at gmail.com>

Thanks for the several useful answers.

As I understand it, TLS (including OpenVPN) only protects from active
MITM (Man In The Middle) attacks if both sides are authenticated.  In
other words, if each sides uses an X.509 certificate that the other
side can validate.  This is almost never how TLS is deployed.

This is typical of how poorly cryptography is understood and used.

In general, if someone tells me that there stuff is cryptographically
protected for privacy and security, I ask them how they do it.  More often
than not, the answer is inconsistent with the claim.