[u-u] Excessive Bounces

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 15:45:41 EDT 2020

Hello.

I received a message today: "Your membership in the mailing list u-u
has been disabled due to excessive bounces."  This is a gmail address,
so that seems fairly unlikely.  But the errors compound: one of my
options was to go to a personalized address at
https://unixunanimous.org/ , which I did.  I suggest the mailing list
maintainer or website maintainer do that: the security certificate
expired in March.

One more thing: I don't think it's a good idea to paste unrequested
passwords into unsolicited messages: the message included what it
claimed was my password for the list - which I didn't need because of
the personalized links.

--
Giles
https://www.gilesorr.com/