[u-u] Fw: FREE computer gear

Bruce Becker bumkick059 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 01:30:32 EDT 2022

"It's only free if you don't value your own time." said an IBM rep about
Linux 15 or so years ago.

I have a bunch of gear that is being liquidated from this office if you need
anything or could use anything. Even the partition system furniture.
In computer gear, there's Cisco switches, KVM's, rack enclosures, older Dell
servers (we haven't been an active data center site for almost 10 years -
these are in the Dell 1950/2950 era.) I can't give out the hard drives, but
drives are cheap as dirt from the ANK Server Store. I have a complete DLT
robo tape system (does anyone do that anymore?). There is an old EMC SAN but
unless you have free power from Pickering-A, you probably don't need
something like that.
I have IP phones - Cisco 7900 series. And PoE switches for them. Eventually,
I'll have a few UPS units which were refurbished this past April.
Let me know if you or any of your associates would be interested in saving
this stuff from the e-waste and landfill for at least a few more years.

FYI from Alex:
By all means repost this information to whomever would be interested. I will
not deal with Pikers and Looky-Lou's. They need to be seriously involved, make
appointments and show up on time.
No, I won't post pictures or Service Tag Numbers. You either know the language
or you don't.
The price is Zero. You MUST have your own transport and you must load heavy
objects with your own team. There is a dock-height loading dock available. You
should have your own insurance.

please contact Alex Orgill <aorgill at infra-service.com> soon - everything
must be gone before the end of November 2022

Cheers,
Bruce Becker

P.S. - please don't reply directly to this email, the above is all i know about it :)