[u-u] What's a good digital capture card?

Doug Lee douglee at vex.net
Thu May 19 07:18:44 EDT 2016

Regarding my previous post which I can't reply to since it hasn't appeared
on the list yet, the very next post had a much more favourable opinion of
the HD HomeRun4

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/2381873-post149.html
JayG7800, I find your summary interesting. From my tests comparing my
HDHR4 and HVR-950Q, I found them to perform similarly on weak signals. I
am using a pre-amp, so those results to not include the NF of the internal
amp (which is poor in the HVR-950Q).

FYI, there is a Linux driver for the HVR-950Q. I was having issues with
older versions of the driver, but I gather they have been fixed.