[u-u] Keyboards...

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:18:46 EDT 2017

So I bought a manufacturer-refurbed k70 with Cherry MX Brown keys.  It
> was a marvel of red LEDs with shifting patterns.  That's all the rage
> these days (but RGB is cooler).  I turned them off.  But the
> deal-killer was that the spacebar would often send more than one space
> per keystroke.  Luckily I sent it back soon enough the deal is
> effectively expunged.

Given it was refurbed, it was probably the space bar.  However, are you
running F26?  One of its new features is a key-repeat heuristic that kicks
in when the machine is put under load - just often enough to be confusing.

The thing I find annoying is that computer stores don't display/stock
minimal keyboards (i.e., no numeric key pad et.al), regardless of the
mechanics so I can't try what I might buy.  I ended up reviving my tiny
acer keyboard by washing it in the kitchen sink.