[u-u] Extra monitor

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Dec 31 17:24:07 EST 2020

| From: Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org>

| for $12 <https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001043540669.html> on Ali and
| other Chinese sites if you don't mind waiting a month.

| On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 at 16:24, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151 at gmail.com> wrote:
|
| > I bought a different make/model of capture than in the video (this one :
| > https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08LSLTMCR ). With some caveats it
| > works.

- it is likely, but not certain, that these will not capture signals with
  DCP (eg. the output of Rogers or Bell TV tuners, DVD or BluRay players)

- The ALI Express one says that it can handle 4k signals but in the
  details it says that it only spits out FullHD.  And that's in YUV
  (possibly with unspecified chroma subsampling).  I'm not sure whether
  YUV is the most useful form.  A a computer guy, I always gravitate to
  RGB.

- The Amazon one says that it doesn't support YUY2 (some kind of YUV with
  chroma compression).  MJPG is recommended.