[u-u] Cheap/free VOIP home phone

D'Arcy Cain darcy at druid.net
Tue May 26 11:10:25 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-26 10:09, Dan Astoorian wrote:
> I was able to reproduce the problem by using my office VOIP line to call
> my home netTALK line and staying on the call for 15 minutes.

Here are my general SIP settings in Asterisk in case you want to experiment.

context=unauthenticated
allowguest=yes
udpbindaddr=0.0.0.0
nat=force_rport,comedia
dtmfmode=rfc2833
srvlookup=yes
qualify=yes
jbenable=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
allow=ilbc
faxdetect=no
t38pt_udptl=yes,redundancy,maxdatagram=400
directmedia=no

Try addingdirectmedia=no

> BTW, If anyone happens to know of a free, but not sketchy/untrustworthy,
> way to test SIP from an old Android 4 phone for a >15 minute call (i.e.,
> a method that doesn't involve me paying $99+tx to freephoneline.ca for a
> service that might turn out not to work--like a SIP "speaking clock" or
> something), I'd appreciate the pointer.

I can give you a test account.  Contact me offline.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.
IM: darcy at VybeNetworks.com, VoIP: sip:darcy at druid.net