[u-u] O'Reilly book deal, cheap

David Gilbert uu at dclg.ca
Sat Dec 3 00:31:22 EST 2016

On 12/2/2016 10:20 PM, William Park wrote:

> Ok, a dumb question from Android newbie...
>
> I already downloaded few apps from "Play Store" on my Nexus 5X.  Now,
> what is "proper" way to copy all these mobi/epub/pdf files from my
> computer to my phone?
>
> I can run "netcat | tar" from Termux (rudimentary Ubuntu environment
> with ssh and other command line packages).  But, that's not what people
> do normally.

I used to use a free app that "went bad"  ... after an update it was all
ads.  Shame.  I now use Solid Explorer (free for a month, then $2 or
somesuch).  It supports SMB, ftp, cloud things, nfs, and hoards of
things.  You can just plug your phone in or use bluetooth, but I highly
recommend solid explorer.

You can also use Calibre to manage your phone when you plug it in...
which is another way.  Calibre runs on your desktop, not your phone/tablet.